Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Hang-Out" by Morella's Forest.

Photobucket
This release is an EP boasting 4 better than average tracks by a band previously unknown to me. The production (as is becoming the trend with these albums) is a bit thin, but the performances are rock solid. The female vocals fit right in with the big, noisy guitar stabs, and there's a pretty nice cover of Voices Carry by 'Til Tuesday. (Let's face it, I'm down with anybody who looks up to Aimee Mann) Though it's tough to base an opinion on so few songs, I do like the way they were headed. Cool name, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just searched for the Hang Out EP to get the album art and import into Songbird and found your post about it. Let me encourage you to keep looking for more of Morella's Forest's albums. Good stuff

Izzy said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I'll definitely do that. Keep reading!